Wednesday 27 September 2017

Week 3


DAY 27      MONTH  09 


Lecture Session...
Today is the third week of semester and we had our second class for course FSM 4401. From the two hours class in the morning, Dr Fareed has explained with us the DOI (diffusion of innovation). According to DOI, the sequence move towards the website today is as shown as below:
       
    Non-digitalize ⇨ email ⇨ blogging ⇨ website ⇨ web 2.0 ⇨ web 3.0.


I also gained the some new knowledge regarding the knowledge economy (k-economy). I learned how to differentiate data, information and knowledge as well as knew an advanced knowledge system, so called wisdom. Data is just the numbers with no meaning. Information is the meaningful result interprets from data. Then, knowledge and wisdom which are more advance are used in decision making.  I just realized how important of data since false data will causing all the information and knowledge interpret or determine wrongly. Besides that, Dr also shared some informative, funny real life examples with us that made me easier to penetrate those knowledge gained from lecture>_<

Lab Session...
This was the first time we having our lab session for this course. From the three hours lab class, I have learned a lot of new things and I like the most was known to create a blog!!! I remember that few years ago (maybe more than 6 years??) I was loved to visit the blogs and was hoped one day I can create my own blog and manage it properly like other famous bloggers. By the way, I didn’t know how to create a blog that time and had no time to manage as well. Finally, I got a chance to create my own blog in final year of university life. Haha! In my mind, I think that create a blog is difficult but now I just realized it was a simple process. However, I think it is difficult to design the blog because its system is more complicated. I have to spend more time in learning how to tools provided by the blog web. 


Next, we have been advised to fully use the Google apps because these are free to use. From this lesson, I am wondering how good the Google apps are. Currently, I am using Gmail and Google drive frequently but seldom use Google sheet. I was also learned to use some new apps such as Google slides and Google form. By connecting or uploading our important files to online apps, we can prevent those files or data from missing due to some uncontrollable events such as breakdown or missing of gadgets. Besides that, Dr Fareed also gave some briefing on our CIP, that is creates a website to a food company or restaurant. I think it will be a challenging project for us... In a nutshell, we were having a happily and valuable 5 hours class that day :)   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14

Day 20       Month 12 The End of IS Journey... Time flies. Today is the last class for  course FSM 4401. By the way, Dr Fareed have cover...